Senior Operations Supervisor
JOB DESCRIPTION AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Handle import, export, transshipment and cross trade shipments
- Process ocean and air freight documentation
- Manage shipments by providing timely, accurate and complete information to ensure effective pick-up, transportation, delivery, invoicing and follow-up of Customers’ orders/requirements
- Communicating and coordinating effectively with Customers and Suppliers to facilitate smooth operations on cargo movements and shipments
- Attend to operations on-site where needed
- Maintain in-house system of all files handled
- Provide accurate and timely shipment reports to Customers and Management
- At least 10 to 15 years of relevant experience in Logistics or Operations role within the Logistics, Shipping, 3PL, or Freight Forwarding Industry (steel shipping related experience would be a plus)
- Good knowledge of customs, shipping documentations and procedures
- Proficient in Microsoft Excel
- Possess positive work attitude, discipline, drive, initiative and constantly seeking new ways of doing things to make continuous improvements
- Flexible, detail-oriented, good sense of responsibility, hands-on and willing to go extra miles to get things done
- Good interpersonal, planning, organization & communication skills
- Ability to work in a fast-moving work environment with intense deadlines and constraints
- Team player who is able to work independently and take the lead when required
- Senior Executive
- Higher Secondary/Pre-U/’A’ Level, Professional Certificate/NiTEC, Diploma, Advanced/Higher/Graduate Diploma
Years of Experience
- 10 years
- Services, Logistics/Supply Chain
Oceans Asia Shipping & Trading Pte Ltd (Oceans Asia) is part of OSL Group which is headquartered in The Netherlands.
We are a Freight Forwarding company specialising in Steel Logistics (sea freight, air freight, rail freight, inland transportation, custom clearance etc.), providing a one-stop & hands-on service solution for our Customers.
Besides moving cargoes from point A to point B, we also provide value-added services to Customers with on-site inspections, physical checks, full testing services and any other ancillary services (eg. cutting of steel cargoes, packing of cargoes, marking of cargoes etc) where needed. Next to this, we also store and/or stock materials for customers to support them with their distribution requirements.
Oceans Asia works closely with our sister companies OSL Vietnam in Ho Chi Minh and OSL Shanghai in China for movement of cargoes in/out from the SEA/Far East regions. Our success is built on close cooperation and intercommunication between our companies in Asia and our European HQ in The Netherlands, boosting our dynamic capabilities to serve our Customers on a worldwide scale.
We take pride in our work and strive to provide the best services for our Customers. We look forward to welcoming the right candidate to be part of our close-knit team and work towards building long term partnerships with our Customers and Suppliers alike.
Oceans Asia Shipping & Trading Pte Ltd | OSL Group – Your Partner in Worldwide Logistics.
Additional Company Information
- 1 – 50 Employees
Benefits & Others
- Regular hours, Mondays – Fridays, Business (e.g. Shirts)
- Tanjong Pagar
Apply for this job
Careers EN - Singapore
163 Tras Street,
#10-02 Lian Huat Building,